Friday, April 25, 2014
1. In which year did the Simla Conference between India and Pakistan take place?
2. Who painted the famous picture called the Sun Flowers?
Answer: Van Gogh
3. Which disease is also known as Hansen’s diseases?
4. Which Indian state has the name meaning Land of the Dawnlit Mountains?
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
5. Which athlete was known as the Black Gazelle?
Answer: William Rudolph
6. Which country was known as Abyssinia?
7. The one word substitute for one who studies rivers is:
8. Who wrote Harshacharita?
9. In which year was Gandhiji born?
10. Who discovered the neutron?
Answer: James Chadwick
11. The first winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics is:
12. Who wrote the book Paradise Lost?
Answer: John Milton
13. The autobiography, The Voice of the Heart is by:
Answer: Mrinalini Sarabhai
14. The European country which first started trade with India was:
15. Which is oldest of all Vedas?
Answer: Rig Veda
16. Which is the largest Man-made Lake in India?
Answer: Nagarjuna Sagar
17. Who is the author of the book “Death of a City”?
Answer: Amritha Preetham
18. The war of 1556 is known as:
Answer: Second battle of panipat
19. “Sravanabelgola” is associated with:
20. As per which Article of the Indian Constitution the “Presidential Rule” can be introduced in States?
Answer: Article 356